Timeslips Reports

Sage Timeslips

Sage Timeslips
Welcome to the Sage Timeslips product community. Drop in to the Sage Timeslips forum and post questions, discuss ideas, and share information about your Timeslips experiences. There's always something new to learn about Sage Timeslips!

Timeslips Reports

  • I'm trying to generate a report for each attorney to show montly time totals and billing amounts for a particular time period. I've tried several different reports and each have yielded different totals.  Which is the most accurate report I should use?

  • mberry wrote:
    I'm trying to generate a report for each attorney to show montly time totals and billing amounts for a particular time period. I've tried several different reports and each have yielded different totals.  Which is the most accurate report I should use?

    It really depends what you want to know.  Do you want to know what they recorded that month on slips? That is the most popular one.

     

    Try the Monthly Totals by Period.  That should get you started.  Remember to filter for a slip date range (the default gives you every slip in the database). 

     

    hth

     

    Nancy Duhon, Esq.

    Certified Consultant for Timeslips and Amicus Attorney

    Atlanta, GA 

    www.duhon.biz

    duhon@duhon.biz

    404-325-9779 

  • I generate a Collections by Period report to show how much money each partner has collected over a specific period of time.  We had one case that was contingent fee.  When we received payment, that money is not reflected on the report.  Is there a report and shows all collections in a specific period of time that is easy to read like the Collections by Period report.


  • sheilastrutz wrote:

    I generate a Collections by Period report to show how much money each partner has collected over a specific period of time.  We had one case that was contingent fee.  When we received payment, that money is not reflected on the report.  Is there a report and shows all collections in a specific period of time that is easy to read like the Collections by Period report.


    Note that the Collections report only contains payments related to SLIP BASED fees and not other fee arrangments such as Absolute Flat, or Contingency Fees.

     

    Hope this helps. 

    Folks for us, it's all about the Kudos.  If you think this suggestion was especially helpful, please consider clicking the KUDOS! (yellow) icon in this message.  Thanks.

    Nancy Duhon, Esq.
    Certified Consultant for Timeslips, Amicus Attorney and Credenza
    Duhon Technology Solutions, LLC
    duhon@duhon.biz
    404-325-9779
    Providing personalized local and remote online support for Timeslips users for over 17 years. 

  • Is there a report available that shows payments received by Timekeeper for a specific time period regardless if it is flat fee, contingent, etc.


  • sheilastrutz wrote:

    Is there a report available that shows payments received by Timekeeper for a specific time period regardless if it is flat fee, contingent, etc.


    And how would Timeslips know how to apportion a flat fee amongst the Timekeepers that worked on it?  Especially if it is still in progress?

     

    Unfortunately, in a word, no.

     

    Hope this helps. 

    Folks for us, it's all about the Kudos.  If you think this suggestion was especially helpful, please consider clicking the KUDOS! (yellow) icon in this message.  Thanks.

    Nancy Duhon, Esq.
    Certified Consultant for Timeslips, Amicus Attorney and Credenza
    Duhon Technology Solutions, LLC
    duhon@duhon.biz
    404-325-9779
    Providing personalized local and remote online support for Timeslips users for over 17 years. 

  • I believe that once the flat fee is marked completed it will be included on the collections report.

  • It is completed and it didn't show up, but I marked it as contingent not flat

  • Hello,

    Can anyone help me to create "Collections Report"? I need a report that reflects Client, Payment received, Attorney' s time and bills, total amount per month.

     

    Thanks,

    ES

  • Were there slips associated with the flat fee bill? If so you can get some reporting, otherwise you would need to work with someone to create a customized crystal report.

    Generally speaking Timeslips doesn't really allocate payments to specific slips so that tyype of report is very limited.

    You can get reports of hours per timkeeper by client by month.

  • Hi Sheila,

     

    Were there actual slips associated to that matter?  In other words, did Timekeeper A, Timekeeper B (or any timekeeper at all) have slips posted against that Contingency Flat Fee?  If not, then there is no way for Timeslips to know how to allocate to the attorneys.  If there were slips posted against the Contingency Flat Fee and it has been marked as completed and the payment posted, then the Collections report should allocate the proper portion to each attorney that worked on that matter.  Having slips posted against the matter is key.