I have now upgraded the Windows 7 computer from FAS 2009.1 to FAS 2011.1, (where Windows 7 is supported) and the issue is not resolved.
As I said before:
When our Head Accountant runs Depreciation Reports using All FAS Assets her printout should be 6 - 7 pages. On Windows 7 it is only 3 pages. With the exact same settings on Windows XP it is 6 - 7 pages. In addition, out of 154 assets, no assets below #125 will print on this particular report in Windows 7, possibly explaining the difference in number of pages printed. Any idea why assets #1 through #124 will not show on the report?
I set up the old XP computer for side-by-side comparison of settings, but nothing of significance was found.
Does anyone know what would cause this?
Check for the Current Thru Date on the missing assets, to see if they all have the same date as the period you are running the reports for. If the dates are the same, ensure that assets #1-124 are on Active Status, and are not Inactive. Also, calculating depreciation (Depreciation > Depreciate) will not double any depreciation already calculated, and could resolve issues when assets are missing from the Depreciation Expense Report. If the issue is not resolved by the suggestions mentioned, you would need to contact Support at 800-331-8514 for further assistance, and to possibly have a Support rep remote in to help resolve the issue.
In reply to Dianne Y:
I sent this suggestion to our Head Accountant and I am waiting to here from her on whether it worked or not. If not, I'll have her write something in her own words to submit in this forum. If nothing anyone suggest works, then I'll contact Support for further troubleshooting/assistance.
In reply to cinemapersians:
This is the reply I received from our Head Accountant:
"The only thing I can think of is that there is something wrong in the definition of “All FAS Assets” because if that definition included all of the FAS Assets everything would be included. Being that I don’t do anything in this software other than run the depreciation report I am not sure how things are setup or defined in the software package.
Hard to explain to someone what is wrong when I don’t really understand how the software works.
To me the problem is the definition of All FAS Assets is different in Windows 7 than in Windows XP.
For example if in Windows XP the definition for “All FAS Assets” includes ALL assets with no options but in Windows 7 the definition of “All FAS Assets” is all assets except the ones numbered 1-124. We just don’t know where to unclick that option."
<All FAS Assets> is defined as 'everything' (ie unfiltered), if you select this group in the Group View (aka Asset List), it should show all assets regardless of their status.
Keep in mind that some reports have built in filters.
The Depreciation Expense Report (DER) is designed to be date-sensitive, which means it will only include assets if they are 'currently' depreciated to the date you wish to run the report for.
To be more specific it will only show assets that 1. are active, or 2. were active in the current year.
It will exclude Assets that are 1. inactive, 2. were disposed or transferred in prior years, and 3. have a future Placed in Service Date.
This is why troubleshooting should look like this:
1. If you wish to run the report for 'July' and assets are missing, go to the detail view of one of those assets and verify that the Current Through Date is 'July'
2. If it is, check the 'group' you are using to make sure it is not being filtered out. (Customize > Group Manager)
3. If it isn't, depreciate the asset for July and rerun the report (Depreciation > Depreciate, group <detailed asset # xyz>)
- - If you get a warning message when trying to depreciate, there is a Period Close or Beginning Date keeping it from depreciating and showing up on the report.
4. If these options don't fix it or for more information, call phone support for a closer look (1-800-331-8514)
In reply to Anthony6:
I have discovered (in late August) the answer since my last post, but kept forgetting to come in here with the "fix". My apologies...
As it turns out the issue did not involve which version of FAS we were using, so we spent upgrade $$$ for no reason other than support (still, REALLY helpful!). Here is the solution we discovered:
The company I work for has been in business since the early 90s (INC), but went LLC in 2005. Some of the assets (the first 124 it seems) were purchased before 2005 when we were still INC and someone changed the Service Date of the company to when we went LLC. This is why the first 124 assets were not being included. Once that date was changed, everything worked!
I REALLY appreciate all of the helpful suggestions on how to resolve this issue. Thank you VERY MUCH, DianneY and Anthony6!
© 2015, Sage Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Sage energizes the success of businesses and their communities around the world through the use of smart technology and the imagination of our people. Sage has reimagined business and brings energy, experience and technology to inspire our customers to fulfil their dreams. We work with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers who drive the global economy. Sage is a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 employees in 24 countries. For more information, visit www.sage.com.
Community Terms of Service | Community Guidelines | Blog List | Community Help